A hand-drawn custom portrait is a perfect way to create a memorial present, a timeless piece of art to treasure for years to come.
Each portrait is highly detailed and developed using a combination of layering techniques taking many hours of work. The majority of my commission work is of cats and dogs, however, I accept commissions of any animal, in the past, have drawn camels and even a bearded dragon!
- Monochrome – in graphite pencil. Drawn on high quality, heavy weight, acid-free paper.
- Single head subject – allows for fine detail in the face to give “character” to the portrait.
- Drawn without a background – ensures your pet is “centre stage” with no distractions.
- Supplied unframed – to allow you to choose a frame of your choice.
The below price is for a single head portrait which can also include a portion of the neck/shoulder depending on the photograph.
Paper Size: 11″ x 14″ (28cm x 35cm)
Image Size approx: 6″ x 9″ (16cm x 23cm)
Price: QAR 500 / GBP 100 / USD 140
Sorry, at the moment only available for clients living in Qatar due to extremely high International postage costs from here. I will, however, be in the UK once a year in July or August and could post portraits from there worldwide. Would really depend on how quickly you would like to receive your portrait. Postage costs from the UK are GBP 10 within the UK, GBP 15 worldwide.
You will need a good clear close-up photograph of your pet. The quality of the photograph is very important – the better the photograph the more accurate the drawing.
Please visit Photography tips for advice on how to take the perfect photograph.
If you live in Qatar and are within a 20-minute radius of Al Waab, I offer a free visit to take some photographs if you are struggling to get the perfect shot.
Email me email@example.com a selection of photographs that you like, don’t forget to mention which is your favourite and if there is a specific date you require it by. I will then be in touch once I have analysed the photographs for suitability.
Once we have agreed on a photograph and the timescale, I will require a 20% deposit before I start your drawing. A scan of your portrait will be emailed to you when it is complete. Only when you are completely happy with it is the remainder of the payment required.
You will be able to view the progress of your portrait as it is created on Instagram , Facebook or on my blog “on the drawing board”. If it is a surprise for someone, please mention this when ordering and I will set up a password protected blog page for you or send you private updates.
Finished Portrait & Payment.
Once complete I will email you a scanned copy of the portrait to view, if you are completely happy with the portrait the remainder of the payment can be made. For overseas clients payment can be made by PayPal, for clients in Qatar we can arrange an appointment for you to collect the portrait, payment can be made in cash at that time.
Once you have received your drawing, please do read Framing tips for some advice on how to conserve your portrait so that it will stay looking good for years to come. If you are giving the drawing as a present, they really do look better framed first, the frame just brings the drawing to life!
1. All work is copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any form without the permission of the artist. The client agrees that commissioned images may be used by Pencil Paws for promotional purposes.
2. The client agrees that all reference photographs provided to the artist for the creation of the commissioned portrait are free and clear of all copyrights.
3. Depending on the waiting list, a single portrait can take between 4-5 weeks to complete.