A Portrait of your Pet from your Photograph
A hand-drawn portrait is the perfect way to create a memorial present, a timeless piece of art to treasure in years to come. Each portrait is highly detailed and developed using a combination of layering techniques taking many hours of work. The majority of my commission work is of cats and dogs, however I accept commissions of any animal, in the past have drawn camels, rabbits and even a bearded dragon!
- Monochrome – in graphite pencil. Drawn on high quality, heavy weight, acid free paper.
- Drawn without a background – ensures your pet is “centre stage” with no distractions.
- Single subject per size option.
- Shipped/delivered unframed – to allow you to choose a frame of your choice and keep shipping costs to a minimum.
All prices exclude delivery. Indicative quotes for International clients will be supplied before order proceeds. UK postage costs are listed below.
Paper Size: 9″ x 12″ (23cm x 30cm). Image Size approx: 6″ x 9″ (16cm x 23cm)
* Head portrait of a cat including a portion of the neck/shoulder
* Head portrait of a dog.
Price: GBP 70
Postage and packing to any UK address is £10.
Paper size: 11″ x 14″ (28cm x 35cm). Image Size approx: 8″ x 11 (21cm x 28cm)
* A whole body portrait of a cat.
* Head portrait of a medium to large breed of dog.
* A head portrait of a horse.
Price: GBP 90
Postage and packing to any UK address is £15.
Sizes and prices above are suitable for one animal, if you would like additional animals added, please see Portrait FAQ
1. Photograph. You will need a good clear close-up photograph of your pet. The quality of the photograph is very important – the better the photograph the more accurate the drawing. Please visit Photography tips for advice on how to take the perfect photograph. Please note; professional photographs must be accompanied by a copyright release from the photographer or studio.
2. Contact. Email me at email@example.com a selection of photographs that you like, don’t forget to mention which is your favourite, your preferred size, if there is a specific date you require it by and your location (if you require a quote for International shipping). I will then be in touch once I have analysed the photographs for suitability.
3. Deposit and confirmation. Once we have agreed on a suitable photograph, size and an estimated completion date, a non-refundable deposit of £10 is required to secure your portrait. This can be paid by cheque or by debit/credit card through paypal; you do not need a pay-pal account to pay by this method, I will simply send you an invoice with a clickable icon.
4. Progress. You will be able to view the progress of your portrait as it is created on Instagram & Facebook . If it is a surprise for someone, please mention this when ordering and I will email you private updates or set up a password protected blog page for you.
5. Finished portrait & final payment. Once complete I will email you a scanned image of the portrait. If you are completely satisfied with the finished portrait, payment can be made and the portrait will then be posted, or ready for collection. Payment methods – debit and credit cards are accepted through Pay-Pal, cheques are also possible however they will need to have cleared before the portrait is shipped. Clients local to Dorset can pay in cash at collection if preferred.
Once you have received your drawing, please read FRAMING to give you framing tips and advice on how to conserve your portrait so that it will stay looking good in the years to come. If you are giving the drawing as a present, they really do look better framed first, the frame just brings the drawing to life!
If you would like a drawing for a special occasion, please order well in advance, it takes at least 30 hours of work to complete even the smallest portrait. If you have left it too late, gift vouchers are available for purchase.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. All work is copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any form without the permission of the artist.
2.The client agrees that all reference photographs provided to the artist for the creation of the commissioned portrait are free and clear of all copyrights.
3.Depending on the waiting list, a single portrait can take between 4-5 weeks to complete.